Plan Your Visit
The Kimbell offers regularly scheduled docent tours focusing on the permanent collection and special exhibitions. No reservations are required. Admission is required for nonmembers to visit paid special exhibitions. To learn more about tours, click here.
TIPS FOR VISITORS
The Kimbell Art Museum follows the policy of the Fort Worth Independent School District regarding delayed openings or closure of the Museum. Please visit fwisd.org or call the Museum at 817-332-8451 for more information. If the Museum closes due to inclement weather, advance-purchase tickets to special exhibitions open at that time will be honored any day before that exhibition closes.
CURRENTLY ON VIEW
Click here to see what is currently on view in the galleries.
For a business lunch or a dinner with friends, relax in the ambience of one of the most beautiful modern buildings in America and enjoy Shelby Schafer's famous homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, quiche, and desserts. Click here to see what's currently being served.
VISITING WITH KIDS
For information on getting ready to visit with children, as well as programs, gallery guides, and audio tours specifically designed for kids and their families, click here.
MUSEUM POLICIES AND PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
- Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions. Photography without flash is permitted in the Museum's permanent collection.
- Please allow 12 inches distance from artwork. Do not touch artworks, frames, or cases or point with canes, pencils, or other objects.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, or other bulky items are not allowed in the galleries. Free parcel check is available.
- Baby strollers are not permitted in the galleries at peak times.
- Weapons are not allowed in the Museum (exception: law enforcement officers).
- Seeing-eye dogs and other service animals assisting people with disabilities are the only animals allowed in the Museum.
- Sketching is allowed in the galleries as long as it is in pencil and does not obstruct or interfere with other visitors.
- Unscheduled lecturing to groups is not permitted.
- No food or drinks, including water and baby bottles, are permitted in the Museum galleries.
- Cell phones should be turned to silent mode while in the Museum.
Tobacco use, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic cigarettes, snuff, and chewing tobacco, is not permitted in the Museum or anywhere on the Museum's grounds.