Kimbell Teen Council
Kimbell Teen Council
Who are we?
Kimbell Teen Council is a group of high school students (grades 9–12) from the DFW area who are interested in creating, promoting, and facilitating teen programs at the Kimbell Art Museum.
What do we do?
Kimbell Teen Council’s goal is to develop and promote teen programs at the Kimbell by:
- Advising, planning, and implementing teen programming, including Kimbell Teen Night and Kimbell Teen Hangouts
- Volunteering with Kimbell education programs and special events
- Consulting on Museum initiatives and projects (Kimbell Teen Art Scope, Nuestro Kimbell, etc.)
- Working with Kimbell staff to create marketing materials (photos, videos, etc.) for promoting teen programs
- Promoting Kimbell Teen programs by distributing flyers, participating in special events, and communicating with peers
- Collaborating with other peer groups and cultural institutions
What will you get out of the experience?
- Have a say in building teen programming at the Kimbell
- Gain experience in leadership, community engagement, and arts advocacy
- Learn about the Kimbell’s collection through behind-the-scenes experiences
- Build relationships with a diverse group of teens from all over the DFW Metroplex
- Fulfill service learning and community service hours through volunteering
How much time do I have to commit?
- KTC members must commit to attending twelve two-hour meetings throughout the 2018–19 school year. Meetings are scheduled on selected Wednesdays from 4–6 p.m.
- KTC members also must commit to completing a minimum of eight volunteer hours for Kimbell Art Museum programs or special events throughout the school year. Most volunteering opportunities are scheduled for Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
How do I get started?
- Please click here to proceed to the 2018–2019 Kimbell Teen Council Application.
- Please click here to download the reference form.
- Make sure to attend Teen Hangouts and Kimbell Teen Night throughout the year!
Questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.