Kimbell Teen Council is a group of high school students (grades 9–12) from the DFW area who are interested in creating, promoting, and facilitating teen programs at the Kimbell Art Museum.
What do we do?
Kimbell Teen Council’s goal is to develop and promote teen programs at the Kimbell by:
- Advising, planning, and implementing teen programming, including Kimbell Teen Hangouts
- Volunteering at Kimbell education programs and special events
- Consulting on Museum initiatives and projects (Kimbell Teen Art Scope, Nuestro Kimbell, etc.)
- Working with Kimbell staff to create marketing materials (photos, videos, etc.) for promoting teen programs
- Promoting Kimbell teen programs by distributing flyers, participating in special events, and communicating with peers
What will you get out of the experience?
- Have a say in building teen programming at the Kimbell
- Gain experience in leadership, community engagement, and arts advocacy
- Learn about the Kimbell’s collection through behind-the-scenes experiences
- Build relationships with a diverse group of teens from all over the DFW Metroplex
- Fulfill service learning and community service hours through volunteering
How much time do I have to commit?
- KTC members must commit to attending twelve two-hour meetings throughout the 2020–21 school year. Meetings are scheduled on selected Wednesdays from 4 to 6 p.m.
- KTC members also must commit to completing a minimum of eight volunteer hours for Kimbell Art Museum programs or special events throughout the school year. Most volunteer opportunities are scheduled for Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
How do I get started?
- Fill out the Kimbell Teen Council application, accessible in person at the Kimbell Art Museum or by download, and turn it in by Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- Applicants moving on to the interview round will be notified by Friday, September 4, 2020.
- Make sure to attend Kimbell Teen Hangouts throughout the year!
- Application deadline is Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- Applicants moving to the interview round will be notified by Friday, September 4, 2020.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Completed “Personal Information” section
- Completed essay questions (two 100- to 300-word essays)
- Two completed reference forms
- Signatures from both you and your parent/guardian
Download the 2020 Application and submit in one of three ways:
|MAIL to:||Kimbell Art Museum, c/o Kimbell Teen Council
3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Or complete the webform below and download the Reference Forms to upload in Section Five.
Note: Please have all of your materials and information ready before starting the webform below. You will not be able to save or retrieve your information upon exiting this page.