H. 12 1/2 in. (31.7 cm); Diam. 5 5/8 in. (14.3 cm)
AP 1970.08 a,b
Currently Not On View
The interior rim of the cover for this jar bears an inscription suggesting it was made to hold a funerary offering of wine; however, the purpose of the five vertical tubes on the shoulder which do not penetrate the body is obscure. It is notable for its graceful proportions, crackled and transparent olive green glaze, and the subtle variations of its carved and incised decoration.
Warren E. Cox, by 1944 to at least 1952;
Dr. and Mrs. Robert Dickes, by 1966;
(N. V. Hammer, Inc., New York), by 1969;
purchased by Kimbell Art Foundation, Fort Worth, 1970.